Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mikaela Anne Martinez

The Martinez Family
Mikaela in mommy's arms

Nana and Mikaela

Jonah feeling very proud of his new cousin

Krsiti and her mom staring at this beautiful creation :)


Mom and baby


Dad and baby

Uncle Rico and Mikaela (he is a pro!)

Well, my little brother (Daniel)and his wife (Kristina) just had their first baby! She is soooo cute! She was born June 19th at 12:12 am weighing in at 8lbs. 9oz. My sweet sister in law had a very difficult delivery and after many hours ended up needing a c-section. Her pelvis is too tiny. She was amazing! I want a tiny pelvis. ;)I was told that before the c-section she was handling her labor very well, drug free. :) We recently went to my brothers home to celebrate Kristi's birthday, she turned 22. As I watched what was going on around me it took me back 8 years ago to when I was 22 and had Jonah. I remembered the excitement of becoming a mother and how paranoid, careful, and scared I was. I think back now and laugh at myself BUT I think that is how it is with your first. It is not that your not careful with the others but your more relaxed and at ease after the first. Anyhow, I also watched Kristy and thought of how well she is recovering and how good her body is looking. Oh how I wish it were still that way. Age has a way of making things more difficult. :) The more you have the harder the recovery (speaking about c-sections) and your body decided you should have to work to get your body back. Darn that body!!! I love this baby! She is adorable and fresh from Heaven, you can't beat it. :) She came to a great family!! (on both sides) Her parents are so in love with her and her family adores her. She is the new baby in the family so she will be spoiled with attention. Kristy is a natural! Isn't it funny how mothering just comes so natural, must be our divine nature. :) Daniel is hilarious!!! I was teasing him at his home. He takes forever to change a diaper, making sure it is done just so. LOL Jeremy said he remembers back to Jonah and how he felt like he was going to break the baby and then after the first baby the diaper changing time goes much quicker. He will be a great father and is so proud of that baby girl. I just had to show her off!! It makes me baby hungry, but NO not this year. ;)




2 comments:

Sara Schumacher said...

Awww congrats to Daniel. She's beautiful! Don't ya miss the days of the first born?!

EmileeandJonny said...

OH! It makes me baby hungry too! She is so CUTE!!!