Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun!






















































We have had a crazy busy week! Earlier this week I took the kids to the library for "Creatures of the night" They were able to see many night animals and learned a lot about them. Jonah enjoyed it but Jeremiah thought it was boring. The girls usually like anything. Then later in the week we took the kids over to Kroger's where they trick or treated through the store and were able to play games along the way. They LOVED the cake walk at the bakery and we hit the jackpot! Both my girls won first try and each received a free cheese cake. The boys both won the second time around and received cupcakes. YUMMY! We left with great desserts and I felt the pounds come on even before eating it. :) Then yesterday was so hectic, FUN but hectic. Jeremiahs class parade and party was from 10:15-12:00pm and Jonahs was from 1:30-3:40pm. I went to Jeremiahs (with the girls) and then hurried home gave the kids lunch and drove them to Carries house to be watched while I went to Jonahs. I hurried back to pick up a lady who needed a ride to the school and then went to the school with Jeremiah and watched Jonahs parade and then was in charge of the craft in his class during the party. I get there and go to pull out my camera when Jonahs parade started and NO CAMERA! I had put it on the charger after Jeremiahs parade to make sure it would not die on me and I forgot it! I was so mad. Luckily my friend, Jessica, was there and took pictures of Jonah for me. Thanks Jessica!!! It was still a lot of fun! The party was also great. After all was done we hurried and took Ella (lady needed a ride) home with her grandson and then went to pick the girls up from Carries. I realized I had forgotten my purse in Jonahs classroom AHHHH! I call Jonahs teacher as I am driving home from Carries and tell her not to leave. I race over there and grab my purse and get home by 4:30pm. When we drove in we all noticed 4 huge Dracula balloons at our door sticking to the screen door with an envelope attached. It was addressed to all the kids. We opened it and saw 4 certificates along with the pictures they had colored for the coloring contest in our town home community. They were so excited that they won something. We put them on our wall and the kids were so happy and proud of themselves. By now it is around 4:45pm and I finally start dinner (suppose to eat at 5:30) and it was not done until 6:30pm. (Dinner in a Pumpkin seems to take forver!) I felt so bad because we were having Jeremy's sister and family over for dinner and I was so behind. SO we sent the guys with the kids to go trick or treating while I finished up dinner. Thankfully Carrie had brought a side dish that was soooooo good! We ate when they got back since our county was only able to be out from 6-8pm anyways. I did have Christopher join us (friend of Jeremiahs who lives with his grandma) so he would have someone to trick or treat with. I was suppose to make caramel apples that night but since I ran myself ragged that day I did not! I woke up this morning and made them. I sent some to Carries family and my kids had theirs. They were delicious! Now, it is November first and I feel like I can breath a little but just for the time being. I can brace myself for Thanksgiving and Christmas. At least I have a little bit of a break before those. Jeremy's finals are coming very fast so he will be non-existent but that's OK because soon he will get his Christmas break, YEH! We are finally about 1/2 way done! WHOO! Just 1 1/2 years to go. :) Anyhow, I attached a few pictures of our crazy fun week. Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween. Happy Fall!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like you did have a busy week, but it over and on to Thanksgiving... then Christmas.. then New Years.. Then a nice break. Im not complaining though, I love the holidays!

Thomas Family said...

I do love the holidays too!!! Despite the craziness. :)

Mackey Family said...

WOAH lady!
Those days are insane!! After a day like that, dont you feel like you actually ARE a real mom?? But yes, now you can breathe for a little bit right? Your kids are cute and you are so fun to cook dinner in a pumpkin!

MadMama said...

What a fun week! You are such a good mom! I want to see the dinner in a pumpkin. That sounds really yummy!

The Nunes' said...

Desi... I just had to say Hi after seeing you on Becky's blog! It's so nice to be able to find old friends through the wonderful world of blogging! Your kids are sooo cute... they all look so much like your family. And you haven't changed a bit, you look Great! Hope school is going well for you guys. Do you think you will move back this way when your finished? It's great to see you!
Emily (McCleve) Nunes