Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Baby Gavin was called Home

Baby Gavin with his family

I wanted to post a few thoughts. Some of you may remember Bethany (Brinton) Sprauge from my neighborhood I grew up in years ago. She has recently been struggling with the health of her baby boy Gavin. He has had a liver disease from the day he was born and just passed away Monday evening. He would have been 1 year old on Oct 6th. He was so cute! As a mother my heart is aching for her and her family. I don't know what it is like to lose a child and I hope and pray that I never will BUT I do know what it is like to lose a brother and the pain is unbearable. She must feel like she is in a nightmare and can't seem to wake up. Her life will forever be changed and somehow she has to go on while the world around her keeps going. I went to her blog last night and mourned with her as I watched video and picture slides of her sweet baby boy and thought to myself how she will treasure those for the rest of her life. When she wakes up in the morning Gavin will not be there to look into her eyes and smile at her. For a mom that is my worst nightmare and what a hole that would put in my heart. Even though we know the plan it sure does not take the pain away and my prayers are with her. My husband told me last night that it sure seems to put life in perspective. Sometimes we think are life is so hard when compared to many it is not. We at least have our family all together and what more really matters? It has affected me so much and I never even met the baby in person. I have been following her story online for quite some time and so I bonded with Gavin just by that. If you would like you can click on the picture of Gift for Gavin on my blog and it will take you to her sight. She has not posted since the night her baby passed so the last thing you will read is her last post just hours before Gavin was called home. I would like to think my David was there. Anyhow, I know you do not know her but as a mother does it matter? All anyone needs to know is that she lost her baby. She needs as many prayers, her and her husband and kids, that she can get. Please pray for her that she can endure through this and have the strength to do the things that are coming for her, the funeral etc, that are so hard to plan and get through. Hug your kids today and tell them you love them. Thank God for every day that you have them and for the privilege it is to be a mother.

5 comments:

MadMama said...

I am so sorry to hear. The poor family, I can't even imagine going through that. I know the Lord is with this family loving and caring them through this very difficult time. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Mackey Family said...

My mom has been keeping me updated on that situation. I am so sorry to hear that. I con only imagine the pain they are going through. I will definantly pray for them to know that baby Gavin is at peace now and is with our savior. Thank goodness we know that this life is not the end...

Amanda Orme said...

OHHH Desi...We love our family!! My prayers go out to your friend and her family today. I know that in my experience the sadest cry is that of a mother who's child has suffered pain or worse. I just want to reach through this screen and HUG. All the LOVE to you and your family and friends.

Becky said...

when i was read about baby gavin i couldnt stop crying it brought back so many memories of ryke when he was born and that month he was in the hospital. i am so gratful to still have him with us today, i COULD NOT imagine what it would be like to lose a child. They are in our prayers and gavin is at peace now... makes us all appreiciate what we have and am so thankful i am a member of the church and to know that there is a plan.

nancy said...

the funeral will be saturday morning the 27th at the harris stake center. let desi know if you would like to send them a card. i gave her their address. i know how much it means to know people are thinking of them and praying for them. your prayers will be desperately needed in the days ahead.
God bless your sweet hearts,
nancy